The office of Douglas Hamill DDS provides a comforting atomospher
Everyone over the age of four or five should visit the dentist for a professional hygiene appointment twice per year. Our gentle hygienists will inspect your gums for periodontal disease, the leading cause of tooth loss for American adults. The hygienists are trained to detect, deter, and treat gum disease. We prefer to help you maintain optimal oral health so that you never have to worry about gum disease. However, if you develop periodontal problems, we're here to help you.
If we find cause for concern, we may recommend that you change your oral healthcare routine or the products you use at home. We may also suggest a deep cleaning, which involves, scaling to remove tartar from below the gum line root planing to smooth rough root surfaces where plaque builds up, or Arestin antibiotic treatment to kill bacterial infection
As always if you are unsure or have any questions about routine exam and teeth cleaning, do not hesitate to ask. Call our dentist office conviently located in the Amherst - Williamsville area today.
What to expect at a dental exam at our dentist office
- Inquire about youroverall health
- Determine the level tooth, root decay, and gum disease
- Create an action plan for restoration or replacement
- Determine if there is an jaw or bite issues that need to be address
- teeth cleaning to remove deposits
- Instruct patient on correct cleaning techniques
- Take digital dental X-rays